I just got nominated for a One Lovely Blog Award. This is a huge thrill as the last formal award that I received was Best Female Softball Player back in the 90s. Yeah, I know, you’re all so surprised.
A big-shout out to mike75 from Untitled*Unlimited for this nomination. mike75 blogs about, well, just about anything (hence the title). Like the top ten literary figures he’d like to meet and whether or not the Gene Wilder version of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory trumps the Tim Burton remake. Anyway, mike75 has some interesting things to say, so you should check him out.
In accepting this One Lovely Blog Award, I’m supposed to do a few things:
- Post the One Lovely Blog Award logo on my blog (see above).
- Thank the blogger who nominated me and link back to his blog (thanks again, mike75).
- List seven things about myself (ah, you’re drowning in anticipation).
- Nominate some other blogs for this award (wait for it).
So in keeping with the One Lovely Blog Award tradition, here are seven random things all about me. It’s sort of like an acceptance speech. But not really.
ONE. I use to play third base on a co-ed softball team because I had the strongest arm on the team.
TWO. I once lost a Nike tennis shoe while hiking/falling down Mount Nittany after a mountaintop keg party. Flashlights. That’s what we forgot.
THREE. I think Cream of Wheat is the most perfect food in the world.
FIVE. In fourth grade, my mother wouldn’t let me play the drums. Why? “Because drums are for boys,” she said. Instead, I played the flute, which I hated and repeatedly tossed down the stairs. This is why I was never in a really cool all-girl band like The Runaways. And, why I became a lesbian. At least that’s what I tell my mother.
SIX. I have a huge lesbian crush on Jennifer Aniston.
SEVEN. I once ignored my brother for two entire months because he wouldn’t let me watch General Hospital after school one day. Bastard.
With that being said, here are some interesting and well-written blogs that I read. Please give them a look. Oh, and thanks again to mike75 for the nod.
- 40 is the new 13 — These are her 40s … what happened? A lot of great writing and on-point observations about getting older and raising kids. Did she secretly assault Jerry Lewis? Read to find out. Plus, she looks absurdly hot in a 1980s fraternity picture.
- Queer Simian Blogging — Where Dolly Parton meets science fiction. How can you not be intrigued. Gotta love the latest post that mentions The Runaways, Angels in America and Xena:Warrior Princess in the same sentence.
- The Musings of a Lesbian Writer — A whole lot of randomness, mixed in with some usefulness. Worth a read, especially if you are an aspiring writer.
- Old, new or true — Books to keep you out of mischief. Beautifully written reviews of all sorts of books. It makes me want to read more.
- How to Be a Hipster Without Really Trying — The somewhat hilarious, occasionally insightful, mostly unexciting story of this blogger’s life as a
clostedgay guy living in this great big world.